Samsung Galaxy S II (GT-I9100)
Support in OmniInstaller: Unknown
- First of all, download the most recent i9100 build at http://dl.omnirom.org/i9100
Installing the Recovery
At least CWM version 18.104.22.168 or TWRP version 2.6.1 is required.
On a non-rooted i9100
To start with, you can find various methods to flash a CWM based kernel and root you phone here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1877270
Once you have a rooted phone with recovery, move on to the next section (backup before you flash).
On a rooted i9100
In case you have rooted phone with recovery, ensure that you have a compatible kernel :
- Download a compatible kernel (Omni 4.4 CWM/TWRP): [Click here]
- Flash with at least CWM version 22.214.171.124 or TWRP version 2.6.1 (otherwise you will lose recovery)
Flashing the ROM
Now your phone should be ready to flash Omni.
- Download latest 4.4 compatible GApps package (choose Core/Mini): [Click here]
- Download SuperSU for root: [Click here]
- Copy the downloaded firmware and files to your phone, also remember to copy any backups from the phone if required and unplug the USB cable once done.
- Power off your phone and then boot into recovery by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time for about 10 seconds.
- Do a factory reset (wipe data + cache + dalvik cache).
- In recovery, install Omni ZIP followed by GApps and SuperSU.
- Once the installation is done, wipe cache again.
- Once cache wipe is completed, reboot to system.
Known Issues / Limitations
- OTA updates may stall, this is due to a SD fuse daemon bug in KitKat. Try keeping the phone from turning off the screen during the update process.
- Swipe gestures do not work on AOSP keyboard. Try wiping cache again or install Google keyboard.
- The default file manager (DocumentsUI) does not open APK files even if installation is allowed from unknown sources. Workaround: Install another file manager.